As per the Government requirements pertaining the safe use of community facilities the following adjustments are in place to ensure the safe running of all Horsham Puppy School Classes. Anyone not adhering to these measures will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund; these measures form part of our terms and conditions:
- From 8 August, face coverings will be required by law to be worn in a greater number of public indoor settings including: community facilities, museums, galleries, cinemas, places of worship, and public libraries. Face coverings must be worn in classes unless you are medically exempt (proof of exemption will be required). Please spend time getting your puppy/dog used to seeing people in masks. Please see our video for help on this process https://youtu.be/aGXgwDNDi9A
- Please do not attend class if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Covid-19 including a new and persistent cough, high temperature and/or loss of taste.
- If you develop any symptoms, please inform your tutor in order for track and trace systems to be alerted. You and your household must isolate according to current Government guidance.
- Refunds are discretionary for anyone not able to complete the course due to a Covid-19 related absence; you may be offered an online alternative rather than a refund.
- If further national lockdowns are put in place, all classes will move to our virtual classroom; refunds will not be issued if you do not want to continue via this format
- Please wait in your car or in the car park maintaining social distance from any other attendees until called to come in to hall. You will be advised where to sit on arrival, please do not change seat position each week unless requested by your Tutor.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry points; you must use this before coming in to the venue. It is advisable to bring your own hand sanitiser for personal use during the class. Please bring any additional PPE you feel you want to use.
- You must maintain 2 meters social distance from other class attendees and Horsham Puppy School staff. This can reduce to 1 meter + for some exercises.
- Attendance is limited to two people per puppy (this includes children) to help manage social distance requirements.
Any children attending must be supervised by the accompanying adult(s) to ensure social distancing is maintained.
Each puppy/dog will have a specified work area and must remain within that unless otherwise directed by the Tutor.
To comply with Government requirements Puppy School have provided us with guidelines to ensure our classes are run safely. This means there are some changes to the usual programme and therefore any exercises which would normally facilitate interaction with other people or puppies have been adapted. Puppy play will only take place if we feel we can ensure no transfer risk (the virus can live on the coat and transfer through dog to dog contact) and we do not guarantee we will run it.
Disinfectant antiviral wipes specifically for animals are available should any accidental contact be made between dogs or people. This is for everyone’s safety and confidence, please do not be offended if your dog is wiped or if someone requests their dog is wiped after contact with you or your dog, we are all just trying to stay safe.
Your tutor will use their own treats for demonstrating exercises, please ensure you have enough high value treats for your puppy as sharing of treats by Tutor or other attendees will not be permitted. Packets of Natures Menu treats will be available for purchase at £2.50 per pack if you have either forgotten treats, run out or they are not sufficiently motivating for your puppy.
We will run our shop but orders must be placed and paid for prior to class. We will place any orders on a table by the exit for collection at the end of the class.
We will be unable to answer specific puppy questions at the end of a class; instead you will be added to a WhatsApp group where we can discuss any specific issues you are having that are not covered by the 6 week syllabus.